The objective of this course is to equip MOE Officers with the skills and knowledge required to navigate the Intellectual Property (IP) issues involved in the creation, usage and sharing of digital resources in MOE online resource portals.
At the end of the course, participants would be able to learn the following:
- Introduction to Online Resource Portals in MOE (e.g. OPAL)
- Basic Overview of Policies for MOE Online Resources
- IP Issues in Using Online Portals
- Creating Digital Resources
- Using Digital Resources
- MOE policies in relation to Creating and Using Digital Resources
- Licensing of Digital Resources
- Understanding Licence Terms
- IP clearance process
- Case Studies discussions (see sample case study scenarios on page 2 of the programme brochure)
Participants will also receive an IP/IPM Toolkit & Resources consisting of the following:
- IP Glossary
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Checklist for uploading and downloading of Digital Resources
- Compilation of IP Resources
Who should attend?
MOE Officers who need to create, use and share digital resources in MOE online resource portals.
This course will be useful for officers from Curriculum Planning and Development Division involved in resource development.