LAUNCH OF IP ACADEMY (SINGAPORE), January 2003
"The value of IP cannot be underestimated.
With globalisation and rapid technological advancements,
IP will continue to increase in strategic importance against traditional advantages such as geographical
location and abundance of natural resources.
Those who are able to maximise their intellectual assets will have a clear advantage."
Assoc. Prof. Ho Peng Kee, Senior Minister of State for Law and Home Affairs.
The IP Academy (Singapore) is a national initiative dedicated to the deepening and broadening of Singapore's knowledge and capabilities in Intellectual Property (IP) protection, exploitation and management.
Acknowledging the value and importance of intellectual assets and creativity as primary sources of wealth and competitive advantage, the IP Academy aims to build a thriving culture that encourages the management and harnessing of innovation, and the resultant IP rights for the achievement of success in this global, knowledge-driven economy.
Jan 2003 - Dec 2004
• Founding Chairman: Professor CC Hang
• Founding Director: Professor Gerald Dworkin
[Emeritus Professor of Law, King's College, University of London]
• Founding Deputy Director: Associate Professor Loy Wee Loon
[Law Faculty, National University of Singapore]
Jan 2005 - June/Aug 2007
• Chairman: Professor CC Hang
• Director: David Llewelyn, Professor, King's College, University of London; Partner, White & Case
• Deputy Director: Ms Lyn Ng
Aug 2007 - Aug/Oct 2011
• Director: Mr Ho Cheng Huat, Executive Vice President, Intellectual Property Management Division (IPM), Exploit Technologies Pte Ltd
• Deputy Director: Ms Rose Ramli